Motor Claims HandlerApply now
An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Motor Claims Handler to join a well-known insurance brand in Dublin 16.
- Salary €45,000 – €50,000 DOE and Qualifications
- Fifty percent hybrid working available after training.
- Excellent benefits package including Pension & Healthcare
Task & Duties
- Providing excellent customer service for customers whilst ensuring all critical data is captured at notification stage as accurately as possible.
- Managing all incoming communication proactively to ensure the early and cost-effective resolution of all claims.
- Dealing with all incoming correspondence from claimants, assessors, garages, solicitors, and other interested parties to ensure that there is no escalation of claim duration and duration related costs i.e. escalation/car hire.
- Desktop investigations of claims at the initial stage and where possible decide on and confirm indemnity and liability.
- Negotiating settlements of claims in a professional and fair manner with all interested parties.
- Managing an assigned workload of claims through to final settlement
- Reporting to Claims Manager with any changes in the complexity of claims, ensuring they are identified and dealt with appropriately.
- Conducting regular file and reserve reviews ensuring service standards/quality are in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
- Managing personal performance targets to ensure all personal and team targets are met.
- Performing such duties as management may require from time to time.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of two years claims handling is essential.
- APA/Grandfathered status, ideally working towards CIP.
- Customer-focused and ability to agree ‘win-win’ situations.
- Awareness of Underwriting Principles and applicable legal and liability knowledge, claims regulations, compliance (CPC) & motor legislation.
- Methodical & structured approach to work demonstrating good critical thinking skills.
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible with the ability to manage and prioritise the workload to fully deliver on objectives.
- Excellent communication & telephone skills
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive attitude, be proactive and highly motivated.